Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sooooooooooo, I am finally feeling better MS wise…then BAM my son comes home sick and guess who got it!? Me yes me. I normally do not get the colds/flu due to the fact my immune system is over-active. But since I was down ms wise, the cold snuck in. Bastard!! lol
But, on a brighter side…I got my new wheelchair.

I love it.
Then wouldn’t you know it, there are no ramps that will work with my van. To be on tha back on a lift, it would be to heavy for my cars chassis. For a side ramp that is automatic it costs 7000.00, more than my car is worth. So needless to say I had a meltdown.
My dad and hubz talked and instead of putting back the money from the iBot fiasco, I am getting a new van. Well not new, but handicap accessible.
It’s a 2005 Chrysler Towne and Country Touring. I so wanted to not have to drive a van anymore, but we do what we gotta do!! lol It has leather interior and the guy is putting in a
DVD player for me. My kids will now have to all sit in the back. This way they not kill each other on long trips! lol The best part is no financing!! He gave me a wicked deal~~phew!!




I am hoping that this will be the end of my wheel-chariot issues! lol It is a long time coming.
I progressed a bit more during my last flare up, so this van is coming at a good time for me. The gentleman is also going to bring it to me. So that is a plus!!
Blessings to all!!
Quote: If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you," that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart

3 comments:

Renee said...

sorry you got sick after you were feeling better! glad you got your new chair and a new van woohooo! am thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs !

Tracy said...

sending tons of hugs to you!! I can now get out easier! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Aww, how nice! I like your new van...and chair, too! I'm so glad! You deserve anything to help brighten your days! Sorry to hear you got sick! We have the same thing going on here. Hope your feeling better!